Monday, January 17, 2011

self-interrupted, a video by Palmer Fishman

A short experiment in how the editing process can add layers of content... 


The brain, disorganized by a major depressive episode
Actively distracted by
withdrawal from some tired psychotropic medications and
the lag time to achieve a
'steady state' (at least in the blood) of
some shiny new pills

The video
shot as a log of one day's effort to get
dressed and out the door
Edited by s t r e t ch ing it out and
excising
alternating
seconds
then adding back in slivers of
greenery, the search for relief
itself another interruption

If you want to view it in full size click here: Self-Interrupted on youtube.com.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to feeling like this so much. I watched your video Nevertheless a couple times I think it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sorry you know the feeling, but glad that I captured it in a recognizable form.

    ReplyDelete