Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sleep! Revisited!

Last night I relived the sheer joy of falling into bed,
exhausted, and
falling asleep almost
immediately, with just a few
glorious minutes of nestling into the covers
under my brand-spanking-new handmade
Palmer Fishman bedspread
  (yes, it's WAY COOL and you MUST HAVE ONE of your
      very own)

I slept all night!
Well, no, not really.
But when I woke up at 4:30am my
   legs weren't twitching, which in itself is
     wonderful.
The Neurontin (gapapentina in Spain) made me
  run into the wall and
  stagger down the stairs to the bathroom but
   walking like a drunk is an improvement over my
   previous situation

[on a side note, I like the Spanish drug warning labels much better.  There's only
one, and it's a picture of a car with a warning triangle around it.  Gets right to the point]

[This post is in direct response to a concerned reader's comment that my blog is mostly sad and negative. I wanted to make sure I include my triumphs as well, no matter how small]

3 comments:

  1. so happy you were able to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viva gabapentina! Today Alice and I were discussing the people she loves. I said "Tia loves you." and she said "I love Tia, too. And Otto.". Missing you both. Sleep well, and careful walking around at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias!! We love Alice too!! Might need to make her a crazy-print Palmer Fishman cape. Last night I made sure to grab the railing on the stairs, but it's still a wild ride.

    ReplyDelete